Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Found in the Archives

I was going through some of my old work, and came across a few 
pieces I'd forgotten I'd even drawn.  And these are old, too... The nudes 
are from 2004, and the drapery pieces are from 2003, I think? The fact 
that life experience can so drastically effect the overall effect of an 
art piece,will never cease to amaze me... Not only in the sense that as an 
artist who's gained new skills, I can readily perceive how I could've  
better executed a project; but also because the meaning and symbolism is 
ever changing.  For this reason, I get a kick out of going through old work
every once in a while.  I even have an old sketch book kicking around
 from when I was five or six?  I'll post some pic's of that at some point, too. 
At any rate,hope you enjoy!


The nudes are two minute sketches of a live model. 
 All are: Charcoal & Conte on paper






Drapery Still Life's


Pastel on Construction Paper

Pencil on Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment