Monday, October 3, 2011

'Catching Energy' in progress...



Above is a shot of 'Catching Energy' being worked on right at the beginning
of the night.  The original plan was to move around, and set up randomly in
different places.  However, we wound up with such a steady flow of people
at the first place we set up, we didn't move for the rest of the night... We
were there for a good three and a half, maybe four hours, and had approx.
300+ participants!  I'd say it was a resounding success. :) So, THANK
YOU to all who participated. I promise I'll get more photo's up ASAP,
especially of the completed piece... It looks amazing, by the way. 
There are so many nuances, it's really interesting to see the different
interpretations of the project, in art-form.

The whole experience, in and of itself, was a really phenomenal one for me. 
I wasn't sure what to expect when I first hatched this plan, and to say the least,
I was more than a little nervous about how well it would be received.  In the end,
 though, most of the participants seemed to get what it was about, and I loved
how many people reacted with incredulous excitement at the fact that they were
'allowed' to participate.  As though they really wanted to join in, but thought
it was an exclusive event.  Hearing "Really!?!?! I can paint too?!?!?!" was,
by far, the best reaction I could hope for.On the flip side, however, this turned
out to be a definite social experiment.  Although I expected it, it was still
interesting to observe how many people would be excited to join in, until their
friends responded negatively.  Watching the change in their expression, and
demeanor, turned out feeling like more of a resounding 'no'than of those who
weren't inclined of their own volition.  I can't complain, though, because in more
than one instance the excitement of one "Yes" was enough to convert
half a dozen "No's".

Overall, I had a blast, I'm so happy I bit the bullet on my fears, and made
it happen, and I'll likely try it on a larger scale next year, if I can manage it.  For
now, however, I'll be vibin' off this experience for a little while.  So, thanks again,
and I'll get those pic's up soon. ;) 

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment