Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hugo Boss Mural


 Located at 333 Adelaide Street, Toronto CA
May 2012


Very Pop Art looking at this early stage.
He actually reminds me of Drew Carey here.



'Tis me! Working with a spray gun, the daddy 
of all airbrushes.  This is a new tool for me, 
so it's been amazing having the opportunity 
to learn from artists who have been painting 
murals with spray guns for close to 30 years.



The completed mural, with a sense of scale.




Close up.


As you can see by the images above, this was a huge
mural, that was no where close to the ground.  If you
remember my accounts of my last mural related adventure;
building and climbing scaffolding was a brand new, and 
frankly, petrifying experience for me.  However, that was 
before I had to climb off the side of a building onto a swing 
stage, suspended100 feet in the air... The scaffolding was like 
a playground jungle gym, by comparison.  The swing stage, 
itself, is held a good foot and a half from the wall, by wheels.  
A gap I could have easily fallen through.  And the name swing 
stage has a little too much to do with the fact that this baby 
can easily swing 6 feet out from the wall, on a windy day.  
Trust me: been there, experienced that.  Don't get me wrong, 
all the necessary safety equipment was employed.  I just
wasn't too eager to test its capabilities.  But I got over my 
fears soon enough.  The view was breathtaking, the people 
are fun and interesting, and the overall experience, exhilarating.  
Can't wait for the next! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment